Car finance: HP or PCP
Hire Purchase (HP) and Personal Contract Purchase (PCP) are the most common types of car finance. We offer competitive car finance plans to suit all budgets. However, with any type of finance, it’s important to make sure you understand it fully. We think it’s important to give our customers all of the facts before they make their final decision. So, we’ve put together a guide into both types of car finance so you can decide what would best suit you.
Hire Purchase Finance
Hire Purchase is particularly suitable for customers who want to keep their car for longer than the repayment period or want flexibility with payments. It would also be ideal for those who have high mileage or those who don’t know what their annual mileage will be.
How does Hire Purchase work?
1. Choose the car you like from our forecourt
2. Choose your repayment method and time frame
3. Agree on a deposit and monthly repayment to suit you
4. When all finance is paid at the end of the agreement, the vehicle is yours
Benefits of Hire Purchase
Fixed interest and monthly payments mean that you always know what you’re going to be paying out. Additionally, there are no restrictions in terms of mileage as well as the payments. Also, the finance can be settled at any time depending on your circumstances.
Personal Contract Purchase Finance
Personal Contract Purchase is suitable for customers who wish to change their car at intervals between 24 and 48 months. This reduces the worry of depreciation and creates certainty about annual mileage.
How does Personal Contract Purchase work?
1. Choose a car from our forecourt
2. Choose your repayment period
3. Agree on an annual mileage
4. Decide how much deposit you want to pay
5. A Guaranteed Minimum Future Value is given by the lender, which is the final optional payment
6. At the end of the monthly repayments you have three choices
a. Part exchange the vehicle
b. Settle the finance
c. Hand the car back to the finance company
7. To keep the vehicle, all payments must have been paid. This includes the optional final payment. Only then you will own the car
Benefits of Personal Contract Purchase
Fixed monthly payments with Personal Contract Purchase mean that you always know what you’re paying and there are no hidden costs that might creep up on you. Additionally, we agree on the minimum future value of the vehicle. Meaning you are protected against any depreciation of the car and any negative equity. Finally, your payment can be settled at any time, should your situation change.
Looking to buy a new car? Head over to our used car search.
Check your current credit score.